Friday, May 15, 2015

First Day Jitters

Hello, I'm Cherese. I decided that I wanted to be a librarian some day. So I enrolled into an ALA-accredited university near me, namely Valdosta State University in Valdosta, GA. I survived my first semester of two classes while working part-time, taking care of two young children, a husband, and then my house flooded. It's dry now and I amazingly passed both classes.

Then I thought, "Hey, let's do this again!" So, I enrolled in Applied Tech Library Practice during Maymester. This is a 3-credit course that packs 16-weeks of information into 3-weeks. Am I nervous?... Let's come back to that question.


I checked my syllabus and began. I read and read (there's a lot of reading) and read and read, until I was pretty sure I didn't remember a bit of it. So I decided to work on Assignment #1, this blog. I think this is the fun part. I'm not sure if it's off to a good start or not. Let me know.


Now am I nervous? Yes and no. It's obviously doable--others have survived. I just need to learn the art of reading in my sleep and I'll be fine.



So to see if I can do this, hop along on my Technology Adventure and find out.

5 comments:

  1. Great first post, Cherese! When considering if I should take this Maymester, I asked some of my friends who had already graduated from the program and they each told me that it was "doable." I feel a lot better knowing I'll have the support of all of our classmates throughout these three weeks. And if you figure out how to read in your sleep, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Melissa! It is a challenge but we are up to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who's going to design "I Survived Maymester" t-shirts for our class?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who's going to design "I Survived Maymester" t-shirts for our class?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be cool. But I have no creative bones for imagery, only words. But let me know where I can get one :)

      Delete